Just watched the based-on-popular-book movie, “He’s Just Not That Into You” this past weekend. Surprisingly, it didn’t make the Oscars.*
I thought it was quite comedic, actually, and had some elements of truth to it. For this post, I guess I could’ve gone with a list of “he’s just not that into me” signs based on personal experience, but I changed my mind and thought it would be much more entertaining and egotistical to come up with a list of signs that say “I’m just not that into you.” So here goes. I’m just not that into you if:
- I’m not returning your e-mails, phone calls or texts. I am usually very prompt with electronic responses. Unless my internet is down or my phone battery is dead, I will get back to you within the day, if not within the hour, if not within 5 minutes. If you haven’t heard from me within the week, then sorry, you’re probably not getting a response.
- I address you by the following terms: buddy, dude, yo, man, kiddo or any combination of those, such as: “yo dude” or “yo man” or “dude-man” or “man-buddy.” This is common knowledge. Everyone knows if someone calls you these totally neutral terms of “endearment” then they’re either subconsciously or purposely sending you a message. We’re JUST friends, so get the hint. On the other hand, if I address you as ‘friend,’ that could mean I am fond of you.
- I’m talking a whole lot and we don’t know each other well. I detest small talk and rarely hold a decent conversation. So if you’re making me do all the talking in our “two”-way conversation, then I’m probably going to avoid you the next time I see you. I treasure people with whom I can have good conversation and also be comfortably silent. ::crickets::
- You look at anything else besides my eyes when we talk. I get really annoyed by people who look around while I’m talking to them, or those who look at other facial features besides my eyes. Yeah. I have a zit on my face. Get over it. What a major turn off.
- You’re married. Need I say more?
I’m tired. I think I’ll add more next time. Until then, what signs do you give to others to let them know that you’re “just not that into them”? I’m kinda curious to know!
*Note: Sarcastic remark.
Disclaimer: This post is not meant to be entirely serious or truthful. It was written for fun and should not be the basis for forming your opinions about the author. If you want to know what she really thinks and how she behaves, well, get to know her! Unless she’s just not that into you, cuz then it might be a little difficult.